Saturday, November 12, 2005

Speech and Shopgirl Review.

So... the speech went wonderfully. I was so incredibly nervous, especially after seeing the hundreds of people all dressed up, but it was fine. Funny though - first the president of the university, Amy Gutmann, spoke (and she is an awful public speaker, nice lady, horrible speaker) and then George Weiss (Penn kids - like, of the Weiss Tech House). Well at the end of his speech, George gives Amy an envelope (which of course, everyone knows is some kind of donation) - and then I have to go on. Well, I mentioned that it was one tough act to follow and that my speech would not be ending with an envelope. They laughed and the speech went on flawlessly. I was charming like you wouldn't believe (or maybe you would....). Anyhow, the DP wants to talk to me, so look in Monday's paper!

Last night, Brigit, Amy Woodbridge and I went to see Shopgirl and I was definitely pleasantly surprised. Although I would not recommend that anyone with ADD go and see it (the plot definitely was not a fast-moving one) - it was incredibly charming and insightful. Jason Schwartzman was hilarious, Steve Martin showed that he is actually a pretty good actor and Claire Danes was good as well. It was definitely worth the viewing. And you leave feeling pretty good, although a little wistful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it went so well!