Thursday, October 18, 2007

Podcasts

I love them. I can't believe I just got into them. Why didn't you people force me into it earlier? ;-) Currently, I am enthralled with NPR's All Songs Considered. Here's a few songs it particularly turned me on to (note to self: acquire these later or get the album):


"12/26" Kimya Dawson
"Collecting Rocks" Super XX Man
"Rapture Riders" (mash-up between Blondie and The Doors)
"Thanksgiving Waves" Eef Barzelay
"I Want You So Hard" Eagles of Death Metal
"Better Way" Ben Harper
More to come...




**Note - All Songs Considered also does great full concerts - Josh Ritter and Animal Collective are my favorite so far (JRitter does an amazing cover of The River - quality!).





Other podcasts I listen to (keep in mind, I just started so I'm wide open for recommendations):

A Prairie Home Companion's News from Lake Wobegon

Great Speeches in History

KEXP Song of the Day

NPR: Intelligence Squared

The Philosophy Podcast

This American Life

No comments: