Monday, October 29, 2007

Conspiracy Theory

Actually, this post relates to In Rainbows, the new Radiohead album, as well. It was recently brought to my attention (actually, I found it on http://current.com - to which a coworker turned me on - independent sources [i.e. you, me, anyone] report on whatever news they want - pretty interesting) that In Rainbows may be a complementary piece to OK Computer.

See full Current article here which links to this more comprehensive article.

So, first off - does this sound weird? Sure. Is Radiohead one of the only bands creative and messed up enough to do this? Also, yes. Maybe the Flaming Lips could pull this off, but I'm not even sure about that. So I bit. I made the playlist. I listened to the crossfades.

Results: Seems legit. I like the blend of the two better than either album individually (esp. In Rainbows though - OK Computer was pretty solid on its own) and the songs do flow VERY nicely into one another. Does this mean it was intended? Not necessarily. It could be a very beautiful coincidence. But try it out, I'm very curious to see what others think.

No comments: