Tuesday, June 14, 2005

"I wanted to say something serious, but all I can think about is Trevor MacDonald. I'm thankful for Trevor MacDonald." -Bari

I know I haven't written anything of my own for awhile, so I'm giving it a shot. It turns out that I have mono, so I'm resting up for a couple days before I go back to work. Resting up basically constitutes lying on my ass, drinking Naked juices and watching videos. I watched "Back to School" last night which was awesome, if you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend it. And I watched "Big Fish" this afternoon, which I hadn't seen in awhile, and had forgotten how sad and sentimental it is - I wept like a baby at the end (in a sad-happy way). After that, I got the great idea to watch my videos from the semester in Scotland, and already being in a sentimental state of mind, it was not the cleverest thought. I got super nostalgic and now I'm stuck thinking about how great it was. Not the best thing to be doing when you're imprisoned in a room with nothing but a television and various pills to keep you company.

The videos were great - there were lots of things I had forgotten about. The Thanksgiving day speeches were probably one of the best parts. Although I got some great footage of Paul, Terry and I singing Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You" in a bar (Delmonica's). There were lots of gorgeous shots from my trips away as well - St. Andrews, Liverpool, London and Ireland. And of Becky and I's trip to Glen Coe. Super duper triple sigh. Good times.

So I went to my cousin Larry's wedding two weeks ago, which was so down-home country but fabulous. He went with an Irish theme, so everything was green and all the men wore kilts. I'll post a couple pictures of that after this entry. There were crawfish for ages and drinking until 5, typically Peachey family wedding. At one point, the groom even jumped in the river. Classy stuff.

I met Matt and a friend of his for drinks last Thursday. We started out at Monk's where I found a fabulous Belgian lambic beer, raspberry flavored, that doesn't even really taste like beer - which was great, because now I know that even my non-beer-loving friends can join us for nights at Monk's, which is great because that place is really growing on me. We also hit up The Irish Pub (which actually is a sad excuse for an Irish pub, they didn't even have Murphy's!) and a classy little joint called Tria, which girls, we will definitely have to visit in our own time.

I made it out to Phoenixville for my friends' (well really, my uncle Kevin's friends) barbeque, which was really nice. It's so refreshing sometimes to get out of the city. I mean, I loooove the city, but a bit of a break makes you really appreciate things like fresh air, views of the stars at night, etc. Again, it turned out to be another drink-a-thon where I didn't even sleep at all. But it was nice and there was some really good chat.

And then the mono started acting up again (although at the time, I didn't even know it was mono). The symptoms started on Sunday and I called off from work on Monday and somehow dragged my pathetic sick ass to Student Health where I was properly diagnosed and given medications. Things have been looking up since then, I'm feeling much better and might even go in to work tomorrow. We'll see.

So I guess that's me, all caught up. Not much else to report. I hope to finish Sartre's The Wall (a collection of short stories) soon and maybe start working with my Europe videos. I guess I never mentioned it before, but my mom's surprise birthday shindig went really well, she had no idea. The weeks I spent at home before and after my last little jaunt to Scotland were really nice. There are lots of fun photos and my sisters and I being stupid, as well as of my mother. I may post a few of the funnier ones as well. I should be updating this more often now that I don't have a lot of school work to do, but then again, my life's a little less exciting now, so maybe not. I guess we'll see.

Hope everyone else's summers are going swimmingly. Ciao!

No comments: