Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Heath Ledger




Man, it's almost embarassing how fast celebrity news travels. Between the time a coworker sent this around (which I believe was almost immediately after it was released) and now (roughly an hour or so later), I received the news from at least 5 other sources. There was a similar experience last year with Anna Nicole Smith.

Now, I'm not a huge celebrity person, but I have to say it made me a little sad. I just saw him over the weekend in I'm Not There, which I'll be posting a review of shortly (preview: "It was amazing!"). I also thought he was magnificent in Brokeback Mountain. I guess I'd feel similarly about anyone who died so young, with so much promise.


I read some of the comments on this site - a summary of the most truthful: "We were all expecting this from Britney Spears, but Heath?"


He's supposed to be really good as the Joker in the upcoming Batman movie.

No comments: