Thursday, January 17, 2008

Cruel fate strikes again.

Jens Lekman is coming to town. And once again, I will not be in San Francisco, but rather in Las Vegas for March Madness (I'll be there March 21-23 - everyone's invited!). Why does he only show up when I'm gone?

One more small note regarding one of my biggest pet peeves. I received an order from Amazon today and I am just appalled at the number of stickers put directly on cd cases. First of all, I've already purchased the cd online... the stickers have no sway over me - why are they there? I don't care if the cd contains x, x and x great songs. I don't care if it's a best bargain or one of rock's greatest instrumental albums. Clearly, I already know about all of this as I have purchased said album. Secondly, why on the cd case? Why not outside of the already superfluous plastic wrapping? Apparently, the manufacturers/distributors want to make sure that you know FOREVER that there was once a sticker there, because those little blights never seem to come off clean. STOP THE MADNESS AMAZON! Seriously, stop.

3 comments:

Christopher Appelgren said...

I wholly agree but it's no Amazon's fault. Those stickers are put on during the manufacturing process as directed by the label - but yes why not on the outside of the shrink-wrap?

ooya said...

I recommend Goo Gone.

Melinda said...

Goo Gone... yes, I hadn't thought of that. It's easier to complain. (Plus the stickers are wasteful!)