Monday, October 24, 2005

Good weekend, intense week.

After an appendicitis scare on Thursday night, I felt the need to go home last Friday and be waited on by my mother so I could hopefully recover fully in time for my uncle Ralph's wedding on Saturday. So my mother and sister picked me up Friday afternoon and I spent the night receiving back massages, warm Alkaseltzer, and puppy kisses. And recover I did, dear readers!

I traveled to my uncle's wedding totally refreshed and rejuvenated. It being a Keen wedding, there was an open bar even though the wedding began at 11 AM (reception was from 12-5 PM). Needless to say, there was much dancing and everyone was drunk by 5, including my darling grandparents. It was also the first time I caught the bouquet (actually I didn't catch it - I know better - but my 15 year old sister Katie did, so everyone made me go up there for the garter part - which was hilarious, since everyone in the room knew me and Eddie (who caught the garter)). What a horrible tradition!

So, it being early still, my uncle Kevin invited everyone to his house. I drove Eddie's massive diesel truck over there and the fam continued with the debauchery. Then Kevin and Ralph's friends mentioned a jazz festival in Media and wondered if I'd like to join. Well why not? It ended up being an INSANE night of bar-hopping, jazz, and computer games (has anyone else ever played them at a bar? so much fun!). Which actually meant that we had all been drinking pretty much from noon to 3 AM (we actually ended up hanging out in this one bar almost an hour after it closed). All in end, friends, it was a wonderful weekend.

Unfortunately though, all good things must end and I really must get back to studying for my real estate investments midterm. I have a TON of schoolwork this week (as usual), but a forgotten-about treasure popped up today. I had failed to remember the Death Cab for Cutie concert ticket I purchased way back in August, I think, and the concert is tomorrow! Very exciting! I can't wait - the opening band, Stars, is quite good as well.

So I'll keep you updated. Hope you are all doing splendidly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Test Case in Managed Care: VA System
Bush named Bernanke to succeed Alan Greenspan as chairman of the Federal Reserve ... After years of work on such VA funding battles, Rep. James Walsh (R.
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to instant road repair on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like instant road repair!