Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Fall Break

I've only been back one day and I'm already exhausted again. I can hardly believe it. But fall break had its moments.

I didn't go anywhere, but my favorite girls and I rented a car to go apple-picking. We went to Linvilla Orchards in Media, PA. Lura, Laura, Natasha, Brigit and I had a blast! Seriously, apple-picking is highly underrated. I'll put some photos on.

Then, I got a call from my parents - they got a new puppy! It's a sweet little golden retriever and so we drove to my house to go see it. My mom got it for my little sister Katie as her Christmas present, so when we got there, there was a small Christmas tree set up and my mom had gone to look for some Bing Crosby. Katie was at a volleyball tournament, so we got to play with the pup and take some pictures. Katie came home and we had placed the puppy in a basket underneath the tree. Katie came in and hugged me and started to tell me about the tournament, not even NOTICING the fact that it had turned into Christmastown at the Gilbert house. Eventually I had to guide her attention to the tree where she stood in shock as if she didn't believe it was real. But once she got it - it was perhaps the cutest thing I've ever seen. She was SOOO happy and jumping up and down and hugging everyone. It was a truly wonderful moment. She ended up naming it Natasha, which N. Fedder was pysched about. I'll put some pics up of her too.

Since then, I've turned into the same old workaholic. Ah well. Life is still pretty good and I do like my classes, I'm just afraid they're going to kill me.

No comments: