Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Self Betterment Week

Hello everybody! Welcome to Melinda's first self betterment week of the summer. Typically I would have had one way before this, but I was having too much fun. So it goes.

Feeling pretty good about things. Made a trip back to Huntsman for the first time in awhile - actually realized that I do miss it, quite a bit. Strange, huh? The building that's caused me so much agony in the past...

Anyhow, after work I came back for a little bit to chill, and then biked down to Huntsman. It was my first bike ride in, literally, years. It was great, although I was a bit scared at first, cars can be quite intimidating. But I think I've got my technique back. It's like... err... riding a bike. =)

My purpose in going to JMHH was quite nerdy - I want to teach myself to use ARGUS, real estate valuation software, before the whole recruiting process begins in the fall. And actually, it's pretty fun! At least I think so, which means that probably most of you wouldn't feel the same way, but I suppose that's what makes us all different, especially in our little career pursuits. Still thinking about eventually getting a PhD though. PhD's are so sexy.

After JMHH, I had the good fortune to run into my lovely Natasha. I was going to go to the gym, but instead, I walked my bike down to her apartment for some well-deserved gelato. We chatted a bit and then I biked furiously back - it felt Fabulous.

Now it's a shower, strawberries, soda and a little downtime before bed. I felt like writing too.

Yesterday was Deanna's birthday. We all went to the Olde City Continental for drinks and dinner which was very enjoyable, despite the dim-witted waitress ("Can I get you some Fiji water?" "You don't have to wink at me!").

Sunday was my darling little sister's 15th birthday - she's getting so old! I can hardly believe it (nor do I want to). I got her a Penn hoodie (such a cop-out, but she liked it nontheless) and she earned some dvd's and video games as well. It was nice spending this weekend with the family. I do miss them a lot sometimes, although I am enjoying living here very much.

Saturday my parents came to retrieve me from the city and we went to my grandparents' house in South Jersey to acquire Katie. My grandmother told us all about her very obscure and slightly frightening dream involving an abandoned house, a sport cars, orders to murder, and a man exposing himself. I adore my family so much.

I finished Harry Potter 6 sometime over the weekend, which was quite an emotional ordeal. Rowling's writing has improved so much - I was very impressed by the political and social commentary contained within, for a children's book, it is very well-developed, or so I think.

That's about it, I suppose. The self betterment should continue through the week and my mom may come visit on Saturday. That will be nice. So I shall say Good Evening, dear readers, and wish you all the best while I drift off to sleep.

No comments: