Thursday, July 17, 2008

Cost of Government Day

Congratulations! In order to pay taxes, you worked from January 1 until today (if you're one of my American friends). During that time, the government spent some money on this, some on this, ran up debt like this, and wasted a whole bunch of their (our?) time trying to do shit like this. Now doesn't that feel good? Aren't you glad you labored for such noble causes? Just curious.

The truth is, it's not like I hate the government programs with admirable aims - Medicare etc. - but when our government can be hijacked for eight years by scoundrels, why give them such a big budget to play with? There's got to be a better way.


**I thought I should mention that I'm not a Republican, or a Norquist fan, and thus am not endorsing them nor their ideas through way of reference, but rather I find the information (if true) to be quite provocative.

No comments: