Thursday, July 28, 2005

The Way I See It

I found this on my Starbucks cup this morning:

"The Way I See It #37
Embrace this right now life while it's dripping, while the flavors are excellently woesome. Take your bites with bravery and boldness since the learning and the growing are here in these times, these exact right nows. Capture these times. Hold and kiss them because it wil soon be very different.
-- Jill Scott"

Ok, so this was shocking enough - Starbucks advising me how to live my life, attempting to be inspirational, yet numbering their little stolen "insights" etc. But whatever, that I can deal with. What really got me was what was underneath said quotation:

"This is the author's opinion, not necessarily that of Starbucks."

Ok - WHAT exactly are they afraid people are going to believe here?? What do they envision might happen if someone believes this is actually the opinion of Starbucks? Are they afraid that someone is actually going to find life, take bites out of it, lose some teeth, and sue them?! Some days I feel that my father may just be right about a couple of things.

*Octuple (??? Is that real???) sigh*

1 comment:

e. donovan said...

Some of them are more controversial. Like the Jonah Goldberg one (editor-in -chief of National Review, a magazine I probably like more than you).