Friday, July 20, 2007

Songs of Inspiration

Now, those who know me will know that I'm not talking spiritual inspiration, or at least not the kind of spiritual inspiration as most of the U.S. defines it. It's a bit of artistic inspiration, but not quite that either. It's an emotion with an elusive definition. What I'm talking about are songs that inspire you to action. Not even necessarily the type of action being described in the song, but action. The urge to go out and do something, be somebody, change the world in some positive manner. I have songs like this. I like to think that others do as well.

Some of mine (I'm sure there are many more, but I'll have to scan my full library at home to remember most of them):

Rebellion (Lies) - The Arcade Fire
Revolution - The Beatles
Holland, 1945 - Neutral Milk Hotel
Banquet - Bloc Party
Ramble On - Led Zeppelin

I know there are a lot more, but I'd like to hear some of yours. Do they even exist? Is it just me? If not, please comment with yours. I'd love some extra inspiration.

1 comment:

Christopher Appelgren said...

"Once Round The Block" by Badly Drawn Boy